Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This



To be or not to be isn't a question. It's a choice. We all have choices. There is never a time where you do not have a choice (except your family, when you were born and where..that was a choice your parents made for you, but a choice nevertheless). Sometimes we choose to ignore these choices either because they're too hard or painful or it's too simple or easy to even be considered.
I had a choice. I have choices everyday and yet I am the way I am. This isn't because I chose wrong. It's because I don't have the heart to choose what I must and choose for my good. Which is the problem with most troubled souls. We spend our lives giving in so much to others that it gets hard to make a choice just for one's own self. The guilt that comes with that choice often makes us regret it either way and revert back to the way things were. Yet even that is a choice.
One single choice later leads to a series of decisions already made because of that choice and most often than not it is irreversible and we must face the music like it or not ( and Im not talking about Lady Gaga here). I've made choices in my life some of which I'm not entirely proud of. I'm writing this to remind you and myself to choose wisely. To choose well.
Good night ( Another choice.. to bid a pleasant farewell).

No comments: