Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Damnation Take Me

To him I cry
Who holds my soul in his grasp
To him I plead
Not to crush and pulverise it
For that is all I have left of me
All thats left that gives me life.

I watch as I see him stare at it
His lips curled into a sinister smile
I dare not fathom what his thoughts might be
I know him only too well, so horrifying is he, so vile.

To him I smile
Hoping he has a heart of his own
To him I beg
For my freedom, for release, for tranquility.

He looks down at me with that face so bitter
Looks into my eyes and sees me for all I am
I reach out slowly grasping in pain
He really is nothing like any other man

To him I sing
In a final attempt to win him over
To him I say
"We both know it isn't of much worth to you"

He looks down at me again, serene this time
I look up and see, the tears welling up in his eyes
My soul is now his, its become him, Im sinking
Where my heart had once been, now the last flame dies.




No comments: